Life Pensions Administrator PositionRoberta Likhang
Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy!
Application deadline: 29 August 2018
Company: Thaba – Bosiu Risk Solutions (PTY)Ltd.
|Job title||Life and Pensions Administrator|
|Reports to||Business Development Manager|
The Life and Pensions Administrator is responsible for overseeing, managing and coordinating all activities and procedures relating to the Life and Pension Schemes. The L&P Administrator is also responsible for the financial analysis and strategic decision making geared towards the growth of the division as well as providing supervision to the Life and Pensions Clerk. The role incorporates elements of consultancy with clients, liaising with fund members, beneficiaries, trustees and other stakeholders, delivering presentations and writing financial reports to the company abreast of the schemes progress and development.
Duties and responsibilities
The Life and Pensions Administrator is responsible for the strategic planning of the Life and Pensions division, making sure that the life and pension schemes function effectively, grow the life and pensions portfolio by outsourcing new business under the division, providing clients with quality service and ensuring they are administered properly as well as ensuring that the Life and Pension Schemes within TRS comply with statutory requirements. He /She will also be responsible for facilitating conflict resolution and claims management
- Soliciting and signing-up new customers (Marketing)
- Cross selling to existing clients
- Facilitating policy renewals
- Amending existing policies for clients
- Collecting insurance premiums
- Generating leads by partaking in business development and promotional activities
- Researching policies from different insurers
- Discussing and assessing clients’ current and future insurance needs
- Negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers
- Arranging insurance cover for clients with the insurance provider
- Advising clients on making claims on their policies
- Building and maintaining business relationships with clients
- Maintaining the customer relationship management system
- Meeting clients to get an in-depth understanding of their insurance needs
- Meet established customer service standard in providing quality customer service
- Prepare and issue annual reporting information for each scheme employer.
- Arrange biennial and ad hoc quality reviews/performance meetings and attend these meetings alongside Employer Liaison Officer.
- Produce and circulate minutes of review meetings.
- Prepare and provide accurate weekly and monthly reports to direct supervisor
- Responsible for day to day administration of pension/provident fund schemes
- Make sure new and existing clients policies are accurately maintained and serviced
- Make sure people are secured when they hit retirement
- Planning new schemes
- Preparing annual reports
- Undertaking general administrative duties of Thaba – Bosiu Risk Solutions
- Providing assistance during vacations or leave of absence of other staff within the department.
- Perform any other duties as requested
- Provide supervision to the Life and Pensions Consultant
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead/inspire a team to deliver exceptional performance/outcomes.
- Ability to show leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills by empowering the L&P clerk to meet high standards and delivery of targets whilst actively managing performance and KPIs to achieve positive outcomes.
- Responsible for the day-today performance of the Life & Pensions consultant
- Provide Mentorship and coaching to the Life & Pensions Consultant
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Meet annual budget for New Business
- Meet Annual Budget for Renewals
- Meet Annual Target for Leads
- Meet Annual Target for New Clients
- Ensure premium is collected for all covers
- Provide cover for quotations produced for clients – Timely delivery of policy contracts to clients
- CRM tool management and implementation
- Compliance to internal Business processes
- Facilitating policy cancellations within the stipulated age analysis
- Ensure data accuracy all policies underwritten
- Ensure client files are up to date
- Accurate and timely reporting
Learning Growth & Development
– Undergo relevant training maintain required knowledge and skills development
Qualifications and Job Skills and Requirements
– A bachelor’s degree in finance, business and/or investment management, economics or similar is highly recommended
- Analytical skills with a high aptitude for accuracy in mathematical calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interpret abstract information
- Interpersonal skills and excellent telephone etiquette with the ability to establish rapport over the phone
- Be accurate with ability to pay attention to detail as well as ability to organize, prioritize and work under pressure
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative, creative and demonstrate enthusiasm and selfmotivation to effectively cross sell products and services
- Confident negotiation and Decision-making skills
- Reliability and honesty
- Excellent time management
- Ability to interpret difficult information clearly to others
- Must be a good team player with a good work rate Reasonable Ability:
- Must be able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished either written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to exercise good Judgement, use discretion and be able to carry out assigned duties with limited supervision.
– At least three (3) years working experience in the long term insurance industry or equivalent and any combination of education, training which demonstrates ability to perform the duties described.
Incumbent will be expected to work on Saturdays from 09:00 – 12:00 (3hours) on a rotational basis.
Working with challenging clients:
Incumbent will experience different caliber of clients and should therefor have the skills to handle difficult clients.
– Business Development Manager